The Musky National
The Musky National is the First ever Virtual Musky Tournament. The Tournament is hosted by Musky Mayhem Tackle llc and ran thru the FishDonkey App on your smart phone. There is over $4000 in prizes and multiple ways to win! For more information on how the FishDonkey app works you can check out these links.
HOW TO REGISTER
1. Like the Musky Mayhem Tackle llc Facebook Page - all tournament information and weekly winners will be posted here
2. Download the Fish Donkey App on your phone from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store (The App is Free!)
3. Open App and Register
4. Click "Fish In a Tournament"
5. Select “The 2nd Musky National”
6. Click Join Now
7. Read rules below
8. See submission section to ensure your entries are accepted
- Contest will run from July 1, 2019 to September 30, 2019
- Eligible Anglers - any angler of any age
- Eligible Species - any Musky 35” inches or longer including Tiger Muskies
- All fish must be caught and released by the angler submitting the fish
- All fish must be submitted through the Fish Donkey App, this app can be downloaded for free at the Apple App store or Google Play Store.
- To be an eligible submission the following is required. NOTE: All submissions must be submitted live through the Fish Donkey App. You WILL NOT be able to submit photos/videos from your photo library stored on your phone.
- A photo of the fish on an approved measuring device (see below)
- A photo of the angler holding their catch
- A video release of the fish back into the water
- There is no limit to how many Muskies can be submitted, the app will automatically take the 20 longest fish.
- Measurements will be submitted at ¼ increments. For example if your catch is just slightly over 40.25 inches, it will be submitted as 40.25 inches. To submit for 40.50 inches your catch must be at or over the 40.50 inch mark on the measuring device.
- The Tournament Director reserves the right to correct measurements at their discretion. Example the angler submits a Musky at 36 inches, but after review the Tournament Director does not agree with the measurement and feels the length is 35.75 inches, they will make that change and approve the submission.
- You must close the fish's mouth and touch the tip (nose) of the fish to the lip on the left side of the measuring board (The belly will be facing you). The fish's tail may be squeezed to determine length. Take the photo in a horizontal position, so that both the fish’s nose, which is touching the board, and the tail, which is indicating the measurement, are clearly depicted. Please do this all in a timely fashion the safe release of all fish is of utmost importance. Photos must be of the whole fish on the measuring device and the photo must show clearly the numbers, if the numbers cannot be read on the ruler, the submission will not be accepted. You may want to darken the hash marks on your ruler with a sharpie to ensure measurements can be read easily in the photo.
- An approved measuring device must be a solid metal or plastic device with a 90 degree bend at the 0 mark. No measuring tapes or sticker measuring devices will be accepted. The device MAY NOT be homemade, it must be commercially made to ensure consistency of measurement.
- The Tournament Director will review all photo and video submissions and will approve or deny a submission based upon the submission criteria noted above.
- Musky Mayhem Tackle llc reserves the right to make changes to the rules at any time.
- The winner will be determined by the most inches for their stringer. In event of a tie, a coin toss will be held to determine the winner and the loser of the coin toss will be moved to the next placement spot.
HOW TO ENTER YOUR FISH
Below are the steps that need to be taken to enter your fish. Please practice before going out and fishing to ensure you know how to use all of the features and you can successfully submit your catch! To practice, open the app, click "Fish In a Tournament" and find the "Practice Entering a Fish". This will allow you to learn how to use the app to ensure you can easily submit your entries when you catch your fish!
- Open the FishDonkey App
- Assuming you have registered prior to going out on the lake, select “The 2nd Musky National Fishing Tournament"
- Click "Enter A Fish"
- Take a Photo of the fish on the measuring device
- Take a Photo of you holding the fish
- Take a video of you releasing the fish back in the water
- Click the check mark button
- You will now see your two photos and video at the top with check marks
- Select Musky in the Species Line
- Enter the length with a decimal point i.e. 38.25 in the Size/Unit Line
- Click Submit
Install and Register with the FishDonkey App: https://youtu.be/Ubr6iBqcQ1k
How to Join the Musky National: https://youtu.be/38YnszDcVkU
How to Enter a Fish in the Musky National: https://youtu.be/IbQkuVrWkMU